Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bagsakan at the palengke

I have gone to the Pasig palengke three times and every time on a Saturday. I never went on a "bagsakan" day which is a Wednesday or a Friday. Tonight I went with office mates.

During Saturdays, you just snake yourself from one stall to another and if you can bear the heat, you'll be okay. Coming on a Wednesday as I have experienced tonight is a different/difficult endeavour. Apart from the thick crowd of buyers, you practically have to guard your every step against the unmindful kargadors carrying their loads and if you're not careful or alert (or kung mamalasin ka), you can be bounced down.

Wednesdays and Fridays are really the bagsakan time where the clothes are just laid down the tables and buyers scavenge from the pile. Prices are so cheap, you can get a decent top at 35 pesos! As an office mate would joke, "sa sobra mura, wag ka na tumawad baka sampalin ka na ng tindera!" Hahhaha!

Anyway, my shopping tonight resulted to 8 tops (t-shirts and blouses) for me. And a dozen assorted colored t-shirts for Neo for an unbelievable price of 80 pesos for one dozen. I'll post pictures later. Tulog na si Val.

No comments: